Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Finally Did It!

While running and getting other shopping done, I stopped at my favorite LYS. I mean it was on the way! I hit the clearance stuff 1st, finding a yarn that will be perfect for a couple of prayer shawls I'm working on.

On to the yarn department! Bamboo blends, classic wool, alpaca, silk blends, soft cotton....yum! There in the sock yarn I found a skein of Bernat Sox - Faded Denim. No one in particular came to mind to make a pair of socks for. Just the yarn itself calling to me. I picked it up, checking it out. Enough yardage to make a complete pair of socks from one skein. Loved the color. But, I have yarn for a pair of socks sitting at home. I have the second sock of another pair 1/2 way done.

I don't buy yarn just because...until now! Ha, ha...I finally did it! I bought a skein of yarn just because I liked it! Leave it to me to take my 1st plunge into buying just because and buy sock yarn. One skein only!

I don't plan on making this a habit...honest!!!!!

No comments: