Monday, January 5, 2009

Merry Knitting New Year!

Been reading the posts at Ravelry about New Year's Yarn Resolutions in many of the groups I'm a member. I rarely, if ever, make "Resolutions" - I make Adjustments!

So in keeping with the New Year spirit, I will adjust:

  • Get my Works-In-Progresses (WIPs) done or frogged back into skeins. The frogged skeins would be like getting new yarn and not spending a dime! One sweater is getting the frog treatment and I already know what it wants be knit into!
  • Twelve months 'til Christmas 2009: An item a month will be created so I won't be giving yarn, picture of future gift and a note stating, "Sorry the knitting fairies dropped the needles". It's doable and yes, I have the list started!
  • I buy yarn for a certain project. I rarely buy yarn just because it's on sale, new, some fiber I haven't tried yet, or because someone else is eyeing the last 15 skeins in the super sale bin of a mustard yellow rough acrylic. If I do find something I love: I get out my knitting journal to see what project the yarn would be best in. I do buy yarn when I have a project in mind and the yarn is on special even if I have 5 projects OTNs (On-The-Needles) and I won't get to the new yarn and project for 6 months. Which brings me to the reason I just rattled on....I have a few projects...okay...6 projects that are still waiting for me to get started on and now I will finally cast-on and finish them one a month.
  • Not doing a yarn diet. I have missed specials while on the last diet. When you like natural fibers and like to save a couple of bucks...you hit the specials! No yarn diet for me! I don't have that much in my stash anyway. It would be cool to be reading late at night, find a pattern I have to Cast-on asap and have a yarn to do it...but just can't pack rat myself into it.
  • Spin my fleeces that are waiting to become yarn. Some I will prep myself; the llama, and alpaca. The sheep and the mohair will be sent to Frankenmuth Woolen Mills and made into tops for me to spin. Then I can make colors and such just for me! Anyone looking for hot pink, yellow and orange yarn?
  • Enjoy my creating! Even if I have to rippit, rippit, rippit before I get the project done
Adjustments are written down. Now to find that size 7 - 16" inch circular needle that I misplaced in the last week....I want to make a hat!




No comments: