Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Stash Bustin' the Journey

Yarn sitting around not being used. Yarn that is acrylic and definitely not my favorites. Still hanging around like a hungry cat waiting to be turned into something other than an unused skein.

Became a member of the http://www.ravlery.com/ community. I've logged most my yarn 'cept for the unwanted acrylics. Became a member of the Burnin' Up The Stash 2008. Seemed like a great way to get my needles in gear and use up the stash. But what to make?

Enter Knit 4 Lent ~ 4,000 hats in 40 days. I had decided to make up some hats and now I have the place to send them! Plus it's a neat way to spend Lent! Still making nothing but hats could make me sane so found Snuggles Project group. Making mats and such for critters in shelters! Yes! I have been a foster for the Boxer Breed and helped to move some llamas that needed to be moved ASAP. Making snuggles for critters makes sense! Check out http://www.snuggles.org/ for patterns and such.

Now I have a plan of action. I have a mission! I will use up all the yarn that will drive me nuts by moving it over and over again and never get it made into anything.....hats and mats they will become! I will put a counter for both so check back to see how many I get done! Goal? Until the yarn that has been sitting around waiting to be made into something is gone! To the needles!

End Date - Easter 2008!

No comments: