Monday, January 28, 2008

41 Days

It happened. I knew it would. I went 41 days without a new skein coming into my hands. 41 days of knitting what I have either in current projects or ones about to be On The Needles (ONTs). Seems like a long time but when you are rescueing llamas and fighting the flu you lose a couple of weeks of knitting time....went two weeks without picking up the sticks and string.

I needed to buy yarn for my son's sweater. It was just a couple of skeins of Magallanes #307 colorway - honest. Oh that and one more skein of Noro's Silk Garden for a cardigan. And a doll kit. I've been waiting for the kits to go on sale and 40% off is a good deal! Yes, the kit is a yarn doll kit so the skeins count. These were all planned purchases before I started my Stash Diet. I'm not counting the individual skeins in the kit though. Too afraid of the number!

I'm not the type to buy yarn just because I fell in love with a skein, or the color, or the feel of it. I don't work that way. I do buy for a project. Then it sits there waiting to become something. It helps to have your knitting journal with you when you go to your LYS. The future projects have everything all written down. Yarn, yardage needed, needle size, embellishments, - it's all there so when a sale comes up..you are all set! Never leave home without your journal!

Oh just a note: fleece that hasn't been spun into yarn does not count as stash! It's not yarn yet! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments: