Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year 2013

The New Year! Woohoo! Resolution time! Time of change or attempting to change one, a few or a hundred things. As in all things change is change or change is failure. It is all how you approach it.  Just the word resolution used at this time means 99% failure. I make modifications, adjustments, adaptations...never, ever resolutions.

With that being said, I've had a few thoughts run around my head...I do mean run as it seems hard to pin them down. So let's see what do I have here?:

     1. Being more selfish. Being more selfish in my knitting. I have learned how to say no to many
         requests in my life.
         "Could you help with this fundraiser" - "No".
         "Would you mind taking this to so-and-so" - "Yes, it's 10 miles out of my way". etc etc etc.
         But knitty/crochet requests I'm really lousy at saying no.
         "I love this, could you knit me one for my grandson" "Sure, no problem"
         "Oh, when ya knit/crochet hats for the kids could you make 2 more in colors a and b" "Yes, I 
          can".
         Add a granddaughter requesting and I'm dead...I find it sooo hard to say no to them.

         So being selfish will give me a chance to knit things I want to knit and not ones that others
         want me to knit. There is only one thing that I don't mind saying yes to is a skein of sock
         yarn my daughter likes me to see. I get to pick the pattern and set the deadline so it's just
         fun to knit socks that way.

     2. Knit a few things for babies when the mood hits. That way I don't have the shower or birth
         hanging over my head and I have a ready made gift for when the invites come.

     3. Christmas knitting starts NOW! Picking the pattern, the yarn in regards to the recipient,     
         writing all the info down and when the next 25th of the month comes I start a new gift! 
 
     4. Burn through the stash. On this I am really going to harsh on myself. I will never be someone
         who has 100s of skeins - mostly single skeins of many different yarns, I have a stash that is
         larger than I want it to be. I like to buy by project not by yarn. So that helps keep the stash
         size down but still the stash is bigger than I like. So knit, crochet, repeat.

      5. Burn through the pattern stash. I mean really, I don't think I can knit through all the patterns
          I've collected. Be it books, ripped out of magazines, queued on www.ravelry.com, or printed
          from websites I have more than I care to admit. So just like stash - clearing them out and
          keeping only my favorites. I do this every year and there are quite a few, I'll toss and others
          that I keep because I still like them after 5 yrs and do plan on knitting them! Okay, most of
          them. Others are meant to be admired and make me happy to look at.

      6. Blog more. I love to knit. I love to crochet. I love to spin. AND I love to write. Makes sense
          to do more of the last about the first thing! Blogging gets me through the "knitter's block". I
          get to brag, share and dream all in one place!

      7. Use my project's page, www.knitmeter.com and notebooks. These things are there to help
          me keep things happening. Keeps track of where I'm at on a project. Let's me see how far
          I've "traveled" with my projects by how many yards (I actually prefer miles) I've gotten
          through.          

      8. Enjoy my changes. If I'm making them, it's because I want to make them!

These are the things that matter the most to me. These are the things that I know I will complete.

So come on, 2013 - hit me with your best shot! I'm ready with needles in my hand! Speaking of which...I didn't just pull them out of my latest project did I? See I do need changes!



No comments: