Saturday, March 4, 2017

A year gone

It has been almost a year since I last posted in my blog here. Reason? I had hand surgery. NOT for carpel tunnel but for a stuck pulley, and they found a small cyst - benign. Then a tendon snapped. Needles, medications, therapy, taping it: nothing helped. The MRI showed no damage. But the 4.5" scar on my leg proved otherwise. They rebuilt the tendon from part of my leg.

Then more therapy, tons of restrictions, then even more therapy and more restrictions. It's amazing how when you are put on the sideline in your life, you get to join back in and realize you are no longer part of that game. When you are needed to step in for someone else though, you really feel out of place and unappreciated.

On a happier note. I can now again knit. I can now again create, I now again type. I find I missed being here, even if it was just to post a quick thought. I need to write about my journey. It may help someone so they can avoid the missteps I have made aka mistakes. Actually my mistakes usually stay in, unless it's lace, then I frog back.

So here I am again and I will be post more, learning more and sharing more.

Now where are my needles?

No comments: