Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August

Don't know what it is about August. The sun has shifted a little south. Fair is a done deal. Still going through stuff: cleaning, oiling, restocking the tack box and the like. School for the boy starts soon - sure am gonna miss having him around all day. Cleaning, organizing, rearranging, going through my queues on Ravelry and my "what to knit next" notebook. Tidying up things in general.

I look forward to the fun, lazy last days of summer. It's my recharging time I guess. Some use New Year's Day for a fresh start...I use August/September as the start of my "new year". Maybe it's a carry-over from the anticipation of all things new at the start of the new school year. Really should have become a teacher.

I find myself re-accessing my knitting project list: finding different patterns for the yarn I have and really want to use up. The yarn that was started in a sweater for Bailey is being re-knitted in a Wonderful Wallaby for Sophie.








Bailey's new sweater will be in a turquoise, black and white colorway into a Wonderful Wallaby too.The reindeer seem to like it too.


The sweater made for Jolie is now going to Zoe. I am finding a combo of yarns to make Jolie another sweater. Looking at my stash I feel the need to organize, organize, organize it! So stash diving I go: I may not come out for months so send chocolate and hot, sweet tea!

No comments: